Access the Keba web configuration tool for your charger as per the charger's install guide.
- Ensure your charger is connected to your local home WiFi using the supplied configuration guide
Configure the OCPP settings by navigating to the Configuration menu, then select "OCPP"
Configure the OCPP settings as follows:
- Chargepoint Identity: Leave as the supplied value. Record this value on your computer as you'll need it later - copying to the clipboard can help avoid mistakes.
- OCPP Communication Type: OCPP 1.6 JSON
- Central System Hostname: ocpp.chargehq.net
- Central system Port: 443
- Central System Path: ocpp16
- Secure Central System Connection: OFF
- Central System Authentication Mehtod: None
- All other values can be left at their defaults
- Open the Charge HQ web app, preferably in the web browser on your computer via https://app.chargehq.net.
- Go to Menu -> My Equipment -> Connect your Smart Charger
- Replace the EVSE ID value with the "Chargepoint Identity" value noted down from the Keba portal at the start of Step 3.
- Min Power(A) and Max Power (A): Update them if you believe they're different to the default values, otherwise accept the default values.
- Click submit
In most cases you will need to reboot (power down and power up your charger). This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the charger model.
Configuration should now be complete. The Charge HQ app home page will display an error if your charger is not connected. See trouble shooting below.
Test connectivity by using the Charge HQ app whilst observing your EV to confirm correct operation. Suggested tests:
If you need further assistance, please reference knowledge base articles.