This configuration involves cutting and pasting values between two applications, which is more easily completed using a computer (rather than a smart phone).
You can log in to the Charge HQ app in your web browser via https://app.chargehq.net/
Before starting configuration - please check your device compatibility and supported configurations.
NOTE: If these settings are not available please contact your solar installer and ask them to grant you Admin access to your system.
It is normal for system owners to have Admin access to their system but sometimes installers don't enable it.
- Scroll down to the API Access section.
- Tick the check box to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- The API Key and Site ID fields will be populated. Copy and paste these values to somewhere you can access them in the next step.
- IMPORTANT: Click Save.
- Open the Charge HQ app in your web browser via https://app.chargehq.net/
- From the navigation menu select My Equipment
- Select Add Equipment -> Connect your Solar / Battery Equipment
- From the Solar Data Source Type drown menu select Solar Edge API and click OK
- Paste the Site ID and API Key values copied in Step 2
- Click Save
- You will see a success message if it works.
- You should now see your solar generation on the home screen of the Charge HQ app.
If you receive an error after clicking the save button please try the following steps:
- Check that you have clicked the save button in part C of Step 2. This step is regularly missed by users. If your API key was created for you by your installer please ask them to check.
- There may be short periods of time where the Solar Edge API is offline, wait for 30 minutes and try again.
- Confirm that the Solar Edge account you're connecting to contains valid data in it. The graphs in the Solar Edge app should show a solar energy generation history.