This configuration may involve copying and pasting values between two applications, which may be more easily completed using a computer (rather than a smart phone).
You can log in to the Charge HQ app in your web browser via https://app.chargehq.net/
Before starting configuration - please check your device compatibility and supported configurations.
Overview of the process:
- Step 1 - obtain your Wattwatchers Device ID
- Step 2 - submit a request to Wattwatchers to grant access to Charge HQ. This may take several days to complete.
- Step 3 - enter your Device ID into Charge HQ
Step 1 - obtain your Device ID
A Device ID is a 13 character string starting with "D" or "E", and looks similar to "DD12345678900".
You can find your Device ID in a couple of ways:
Method 1 - sticker in meter box
ALERT - always take care when opening your meter box.
Method 2 - MyEnergy app
Open the Wattwatchers MyEnergy app, go to More -> Manage sites and devices
Then go to View Site
Note down your Device ID.
Step 2 - submit a request to Wattwatchers
- Submit a support request here
- Select "I have questions about the Wattwatchers API"
- Set description to "I want to use Charge HQ, and grant them access to my data. My device ID is <DD1111111111>"
Wait a couple of days for Wattwatchers to confirm that your request has been actioned.
Step 3 - enter your Device ID into Charge HQ
- Open the Charge HQ app or webapp
- Go to Settings -> My Equipment -> Connect your Solar / Battery Equipment
- From the Solar Equipment Type drop-down menu select Wattwatchers
- Enter your Device ID
- Click Submit
- You will see a success message if it works.
- You should now see your solar generation on the home screen of the Charge HQ app.