Charge HQ can be used to update the firmware of supported wall chargers via OCPP.
We recommend using this feature only where the vendor does not provide an alternate means of updating the firmware (e.g. via a vendor supplied app or configuration portal etc).
Step 1: Prepare charger
- Check that the charger is not plugged in to a vehicle
- Ensure the charger is powered on and has a stable Internet connection.
Step 2: Obtain firmware URL
- This may be included on the Charge HQ configuration guide for your charger.
- Alternately obtain a URL from the charger vendor which contains the latest firmware
- Confirm you are using the correct firmware. Using the wrong firmware may make your charger permanently unusable.
Step 3: Login in to the Charge HQ web app
(Note this service is not currently available via the mobile app)
Step 4: Navigate to update service
In the Charge HQ web app:
- Go to Settings tab
- Select My Equipment
- Select Smart Charger
- Select Charger Actions -> Update Firmware
Step 5: Perform firmware update
- Paste the firmware URL obtained in Step 2
- Click update
- Charge HQ will pass the URL to the charger and instruct it to perform an update.
- Wait for the update to complete. This process can take a number of minutes to complete. Do not interrupt the power supply before the update completes.